Shells and Sun Hat Free Crochet Pattern

My friend requested a few hats to be made for Christmas gifts for some of her family and these two were a part of that request.

She lives in the desert where warm winter garb is rarely necessary. This is where I grew up. I can recall a teenage me, sitting out beneath the streetlights with friends, the night air sweltering and it complaining that it was already October. Very few months offered relief from the heat and they passed so quickly.

Needless to say, using cotton for these hats was a must so I ordered a few balls of Knit Picks Comfy Cotton. It is a 70% Pima cotton/ 30% microfiber acrylic blend. It’s slightly more pricey than what you would find at your local craft store but I am so pleased to say, it only took one ball each and they worked up so fast. I estimate just over an hour per hat. In comparison to some of the other cottons I have used, this is amazingly soft and using only one ball made the expense seem so worth it. So, if you’re looking for a baby project that’s quick, easy and won’t break the bank, I’m happy to share this Sweet Shells Sun Sat pattern.
Like this pattern? Share this with your friends!
Blue Star Afghan Free Crochet Pattern